Technical Account Manager – Temporary
As Technical Account Manager you will be a key member of the WB Games central tech team (WB Games New York - WBNY), serving as a technical point of contact for all development teams leveraging WBNY’s online service platform (Hydra Studio).
Candidate should have an engineering background, as our products are built by engineers, for engineers. You will need to be able to understand and explain our products to some of the best game development engineers in the industry.
This is a great position for someone with a strong background in technology, and for someone who can take that background in technology and feel comfortable communicating concepts, both verbally and in written format to other developers.
- Your broad responsibilities will include: owning the technical engagement and ultimate success around online service integration for games and developing a deep expertise in the Hydra Studio platform as well as broad know-how around how games and online services are constructed using the Hydra Studio platform.
- You will write and review code for our game services, and our game clients.
- You will be expected to maintain and create implementation documentation.
- Analyze customers’ requirements and suggest existing Hydra Studio features to meet their requirements. This will include regularly using Hydra Studio, digging in with the exact Hydra Studio API endpoints being used by your customers, and using your technical background to suggest the most efficient way to integrate with the Hydra Studio API.
- Train customers associated with your account(s) to use the Hydra Studio platform effectively. Your customers will be game developers and engineers, so a level of comfort communicating and collaborating with other developers is required.
- Regularly review the Hydra Studio API usage patterns of your customers throughout an individual game’s lifecycle. Use these API reviews to ensure customers are following Hydra Studio best practices, align with the technical design you’ve provided, and are safely prepared to launch to the public.
- Assist with challenging level-one technical support requests and issue escalations as needed. Address all account-related queries in a timely fashion.
- Provide internal WBNY development team with customers’ feedback to help identify potential new Hydra Studio features or products.
- Bachelors in Computer Science, or equivalent experience.
- Experience building or using a REST API or other web services.
- Experience in Game development and UE4 strongly preferred.
- Programming skills in C++ and C# (we also use Python and node)
- General understanding of game development disciplines and their inputs into online service development.
- Displays aptitude for quickly learning new techniques and technologies. Consistently provides quality support of these technologies within the expected time frame.
- Ability to communicate concepts, verbally or in written format, to other developers.
- Familiarity with task and bug tracking software packages (e.g. Jira).
- Performs most job-related duties with minimal supervision.
- Takes initiative in pursuing new assignments. May pursue new assignments and identify tasks.
- Develops relationships across own team and with peers on other teams for the purpose of enhancing knowledge and visibility of broader development process. Actively shares knowledge through peer mentoring and informal teachings. Learns from and receives guidance from more experienced employees.
Perks and Advantages
An open and collaborative work space
We value a good work-life balance
Work on some of the most popular IP in the video game industry
Technologies we use
Operating systems: Linux, Windows, OS X
Databases: MongoDB, Redis, ElasticSearch
Frameworks: Rails, Node.js
Miscellaneous: SaltStack, Git, RabbitMQ, ZeroMQ, Munin, Sensu, Sentry